The Flavorful Experience Continues!
Celebrate this season indulging in your most favorite comfort food with the freshest and healthiest ingredients. Your veggie burger craving is all covered by today’s #MeatlessMonday recipe. This amazingly delicious plant-based burger is graced with the soft sweet potato and creamy white beans that will satisfy your desire in a flash.
The Sweet Potato and White Bean Burger is tender, incredibly delicious and filling but with a light feeling that will leave you breathless! Feasting on this fabulous treat either with a side of baked fries, or on top of a fresh garden green salad will certainly make you smile on a bad day. Packed with protein and fiber, this burger is the ultimate hearty treat you and your family will enjoy. Big benefits for nutrition starting with our rock star ingredient, the white beans…
Feast on and bring on the burger!
Sweet Potato & White Bean Burger
2 slices of wheat bread crumbs
1 sweet potato, shredded
1 15oz. can white beans, rinsed
1 cup oats, flour
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
juice and zest of 1 lime
2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
2 teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon cayenne
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put the oats in a food processor, and process until oats are ground into a coarse flour. Transfer the oats in a bowl. Put the pieces of toasted wheat bread in the food processor and process until they become crumbs.
- Mix the shredded potatoes with the oats and crumbs in the bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the ground flaxseed and water and set this aside to thicken.
- Add the beans, onion, garlic and the lime zest and juice in the food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together. Place the mixture in a bowl then add the flaxseed gel and the oats and crumbs together. Stir to combine.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to baking/cooking.
- For baking, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the burgers for 20 minutes or until brown. For cooking, in a grill pan, fry each side for 3 minutes or until brown.
P.S. I would like to hear from you. Just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thoughts or ideas that you want to share with me! =)
Question: What is the perfect partner for this meal? What other ingredients can you add to this recipe to make it more flavorful? Post your feedback in the comments section below! Send in your request recipes too!
Make sure to subscribe to receive these weekly episodes, recipes, inspirations and a free copy of my eBook -Gratitude: A Plantfire 4-Course Meal – straight to your inbox!
Did this recipe speak to your palate? Take a look at my recipe page!