A Super Bowl of Quinoa!
As you all know, my love for quinoa is completely heaven. These little beauties are packed with protein and fiber, which supply my endless energy through out the day. So, I decided to make the best Asian-flavored quinoa recipe courtesy of an amazing homemade hoisin sauce.
Introducing, the Quinoa Bowl With Hoisin Sauce, a special and quick dish that’s put together in less time than you can ever think of, using some of the freshest and vibrant veggies, infused with a little sweet and citrus flavor that burst real goodness in your mouth.
The homemade hoisin sauce is all natural and healthy, minus the preservatives and MSG from the store-bought ones. It is an easy task to make this delicious hoisin sauce from scratch. You don’t need more time or a bigger budget to make this healthy, yummy and unique meal for you and your entire family to enjoy! Health wise, this scrumptious bowl is full of the nutrients your body as well as your mind need. Take for example all these health benefits offered by the wonderful brussels sprouts…
Enjoy this delicious meal anytime, any day! =)
Quinoa With Hoisin Sauce Bowl
For Hoisin Sauce:
¼ cup miso
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar, seasoned
1 teaspoon hot sauce (your favorite)
1 small clove garlic, minced
For The Bowl:
1 cup water
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, mashed
1 tablespoon limejuice
2 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
7 oz. (200 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, diced
2 cups brussel sprouts, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
For Hoisin Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes, then let it cool and set aside.
For The Avocado Mash:
- In a small bowl, coarsely mash the avocado together with the limejuice and chopped cilantro.
For The Bowl:
- Sauté with some water the onion, dried and fresh tomatoes and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add the 1 cup water and quinoa. Mix well. Reduce the heat to low, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While cooking the quinoa mixture for 15-20 minutes, chop each brussel sprouts into 4 pieces. In a very hot pan, cook the brussel sprouts and garnish with sea salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add the brussel sprouts to the quinoa mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the hoisin sauce. Add some water if needed. Serve and top with avocado mash.
P.S. I would like to hear from you. Just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thoughts or ideas that you want to share with me! =)
Question: Have you tried quinoa before? What are other healthy ingredients you can think of to add to this yummy recipe? Post your feedback in the comments section below! Send in your request recipes too!
Make sure to subscribe to receive these weekly episodes, recipes, inspirations and a free copy of my eBook -Gratitude: A Plantfire 4-Course Meal – straight to your inbox!
Did this recipe speak to your palate? Take a look at my recipe page!