The Great Crispy Twist!
Score with this snappy and snazzy plant-based snack, that is guilt free, Golden Asparagus Fries! This recipe is such a fun spin on fries, without the greasy oily feel that a regular fries would offer. It’s a wholesome alternative to your fast food French fries cravings, which is baked to crispiness plant-based perfection!
These vibrant Asparagus Fries are coated with delectable seasonings that are bursting with flavors. A truly light and nutritious snack that is so tasty and crunchy with every bite. A simple, super easy snack, appetizer or side to any meal that will absolutely be the life of any party. Add the nutritional value to being delicious, these golden baked crispy fries are fantastic when served with my famous dips and dressing, which you can find on my recipe section on my website. Clearly, the Asparagus are the main ingredient to this magical recipe that boasts of so many health benefits…
It’s time to splurge into the great crunchy twist, and serve this alongside your Thanksgiving feast!
Golden Asparagus Fries
1 bunch of asparagus, trim the ends and cut in half
2-tablespoon ground flax seed (mix with 6 tablespoons water)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried mustard powder (optional)
sea salt to taste
*** For Bread crumbs:
4 slices of whole grain bread
- In a food processor, process the bread until desired crumb-consistency is achieved.
- Preheat oven for 350 degree F.
- Mix ground flaxseed with water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, mustard powder and sea salt.
- Individually dip each asparagus piece into the flax seed mixture, then dip into the breadcrumbs.
- In a baking sheet covered with Silpat, spread the crumbs and then bake for 7-10 minutes depending on the brownness.
- Let cool and mix with Italian seasoning and sea salt.
P.S. I would like to get to know what’s on your mind. Just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thoughts or ideas that you want to share with me! =)
Question: Are you a Fries Fanatic? What is your choice of the perfect partner for this treat? I would love to hear from you, so post your feedback in the comments section below! Send in your request recipes too!
Make sure to subscribe to receive these weekly episodes, recipes, inspirations and a free copy of my eBook -Gratitude: A Plantfire 4-Course Meal – straight to your inbox!
Did this recipe speak to your palate? Take a look at my recipe page!