A Creamy Taste of Heaven!
A hearty, flavorful and yummy Cashew Cream Tortilla Soup is coming your way – created especially for you, here in my plant-based kitchen! This black bean based soup is so divine and filling that I guarantee it will become a staple in your weekly menu. The ingredients are so easy to find, plus the preparation is not that complicated to follow. All you need is your appetite and love for glorious healthy food.
This soup is undoubtedly cozy and a brilliant dinner idea. Think of this recipe as a delightful blank canvass on which to paint your culinary pleasures. Putting all together the nourishing ingredients, and then adding an amazing cashew cream cheese, avocado and tortilla chips on top is like creating a masterpiece. Now, that’s genius!
Take advantage of this new and magical recipe by cooking it for your loved ones. Serve them this comfort food, not just delicious but also full of fantastic health benefits, starting with the avocado…
Now it’s time to warm your tummy up… Bon appétit!
Cashew Cream Tortilla Soup
2 15-oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 cup vegetable broth
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
cashew cream cheese ***
tortilla chips ***
slices of avocado for garnish
Instructions for the Soup:
- Place in a blender the 1 can beans, salsa, cumin and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a pot and add the remaining 1 can beans, corn and broth. Then stir all the ingredients together in low heat.
- Once warm, garnish with broken tortilla chips, cashew cream cheese, and avocado pieces on top. Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients & Instructions for the Cashew Cream Cheese:
1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon fresh onion
2 table spoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup roasted red pepper
1 ½ table spoon nutritional yeast
– Strain and rinse the nuts. Then blend all the ingredients together, adding some water. Cover and blend well, if you decide to add more water for your desired consistency, you may do so.
Instructions for the Tortilla Chips:
– Preheat the oven at 350F. Cut 4 corn tortillas in thin strips. Spread them on a baking sheet. Garnish with fresh lime juice, sea salt and chili powder. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
Question: How can you get creative in serving this meal? What is the perfect match for this soup? Any requests for future recipes? I would love to hear from you, so post your feedback in the comments section below!
Make sure to subscribe to receive these weekly episodes, recipes, inspirations and a free copy of my eBook -Gratitude: A Plantfire 4-Course Meal – straight to your inbox!
Did this recipe speak to your palate? Take a look at my recipe page!