A Taste of Heaven!
Let’s make our own adventure that will take our taste buds to heaven! Presenting, the all vegan Bella’s Heavenly Pineapple Oatmeal Cake! I know it sounds good, but believe me it tastes even better! Where would I even begin? I started craving for pineapples, then teased my imagination and began pulling out the staples for my typical baked vegan oatmeal when it hit me- CAKE, CAKE, CAKE! =)
There could never be any other way to start your day perfectly, no matter what season and reason. Creating this tasty goody may seem a bit of work, but the preparation is uncomplicated and the end result is simply delish. Combining the pineapples with the maple syrup and vanilla naturally sweetens the entire mixture. Its daring and slightly tangy flavor is emphasized with a touch of cinnamon! Yummy and healthy, this recipe is full of plant-based protein that will give you and your body the nutritional benefits it need. Allow me to state some health benefits of my favorite pineapple…
So, with a bit of creative embellishing, it works as both a breakfast and a dessert. I know you cannot wait any longer!
Bella’s Heavenly Pineapple Oatmeal Cake
2 ¼ cups rolled oats
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon pink salt
1 ½ cups shredded fresh pineapple
2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ cup raisins
½ cup chopped walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly spread vegan earth balance butter with your hands on an 8” x 11” rectangular casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: shredded pineapple, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth out with a spoon. Press down on the oatmeal with a spoon or your hands, so the oats sink into the milk. Sprinkle on the walnuts and raisins and press down lightly again.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until lightly golden along the edge. The oatmeal will still look a bit soft or wet in some spots when it comes out of the oven, but will firm up as it cools.
- Serve it right away or enjoy it chilled straight from the fridge.
Question: What are your favorite cakes? What other plant-based sources of protein would you like to add to this recipe? Any requests for future recipes? I would love to hear from you, post your feedback in the comments section below!
Make sure to subscribe to receive these weekly episodes, recipes, inspirations and a free copy of my eBook -Gratitude: A Plantfire 4-Course Meal – straight to your inbox!
Did this recipe speak to your palate? Take a look at my recipe page!